Location: Winona, MN
Winona Heating & Ventilating is seeking an experienced and responsible Safety Coordinator to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating compliance and the overall administration of all occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines, with the main goal of maintaining a safe working environment through the prevention of injuries and accidents.
Duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a successful candidate include the following:
- Being the subject matter expert for all companywide safety-related topics
- Preparing and delivering education and training (mandatory and situationally identified) to employees on a regular basis as needed and/or required
- Developing and implementing OHS policies, procedures, and plans and the review of existing policies, procedures, and plans.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment procedures and abatement of unnecessary risks at all job sites
- Verification of employee adherence and compliance to all applicable rules and regulations, and issuing appropriate discipline for violations
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and OSHA Regulations, especially 29 CFR 1910, 1926, and EM 385-1-1
- Knowledge of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) to include the proper use and record keeping requirements regarding Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s)
- Experience producing investigative and similar reports
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting of OSHA and other legally mandated statistics
- Proficient in modern computer systems and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (all forms)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Conducting Human Resource (HR) duties including pre employment background checks, setting up pre employment testing and physical exams, and new employee orientation.
- Professional appearance and approach to in all matters
- Certification such as CSP, ASP, or CHST is a plus
- BS/BA in safety management or similar field is a plusWorking knowledge of contractor compliance systems such as ISNetWorld, Avetta, and Browz is a plus
- Being an Active Leader by adherence to all applicable rules and regulations at all times.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time